Friday 22 February 2013

Rocky Road Biscuit Bar

What makes you happy?
For me, when I am having a down day, this little girl in the picture below cheers me up no end. She was my christmas present from my son and though, at the time, I was not impressed at receiving her, she has been my saviour these past few weeks whilst being out of work.
Holly The Kitten
Apart from my cat the other thing I reach for when feeling down is CHOCOLATE!!! There's just something about that soft, velvety taste that makes the world look just that little bit better.
Since being off work I've done more baking at home than I would usually do and Rocky Road has become a firm favourite in my house just recently.
It's such an easy recipe to make and a brilliant thing to make with the kids.

Ingredients
250g Milk Chocolate
125g Butter
2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
50g Cocoa Powder
Mini Marshmallows (Find them in the baking aisle)
400g Digestive Biscuits
Method
First melt the chocolate.
You can use the microwave but be careful of burning the chocolate as it's easily done! I use a small saucepan of boiling water and rest a bowl in the top, but try not to have the water touching the bowl.

While the chocolate melts put the biscuits in a bowl and, with the end of a rolling pin, bash them until they resemble crumbs.
Add the butter,golden syrup and cocoa powder to the chocolate and let it all melt and combine. Add this mix to the crushed biscuits and combine together with the Marshmellows. For an added treat you could also add some maltesers to the mixture!
Now spread the mixture into a baking tray. Pack it tight so when cooled it doesnt crumble. I use this great tray I bought from Lakeland with individual compartments.
Put in the fridge to set. Usually about an hour is enough but if you have more time to spare the longer the better I find.
When set, cut into squares and enjoy!
 For an added treat I sometimes melt some white chocolate and drizzle over the top and sprinkle icing sugar for effect.
rocky road biscuit bar

No comments:

Post a Comment