What better way to finish off Sunday Lunch at Skylark Farm than a big helping of Sticky Toffee Pudding. A very popular addition to our dessert list at present and not too complicated to make. Give it a go at home with this lovely recipe i found on the BBC food website.
For The Pudding
150g/5oz dates, stones removed, chopped
250ml/9floz Hot water
1Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
60g/2 1/4 oz butter, softened
60g/2 1/4 oz Caster Sugar
2 Free Range Eggs
150g/5oz Self Raising Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/370F/Gas 4
2. Mix the dates, bicarbonate of soda and the water together in a bowl and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4.Still stirring the butter mixture, gradually add the eggs, making sure they are well mixed in.
5. Still stirring, gradually add the flour, then add the date mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a 20cm/8in square cake tin. Bake in the oven for 35-40 mins or until cooked through.
For The Toffee Sauce
400g/14oz Brown Sugar
Tsp Vanilla Essence
250ml/9floz Double Cream
1. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the brown sugar, vanilla essence and cream and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Portion the pudding and pour the hot sauce over.
Serve with custard, cream or ice cream.