If you are like me and always look for a chocolate option on the dessert menu after your main course you will love this easy but tasty chocolate sponge topped with chocolate sauce.
FOR THE SPONGE
8oz Caster Sugar
4 Large Free Range Eggs
6 1/2oz Self Raising Flour
1 1/2oz Cocoa Powder
1. Cream the margerine and sugar.
2.Beat in the egggs.
3. Add the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well.
4. Line a 8ins cake tin with greaseproof paper and add your mixture.
5. Bake in a pre heated oven 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 for about 25 mins.
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
1Tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Blend milk, sugar, cocoa, and cornflour to a paste.
2. Boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from stove, add butter and stir until it melts and blends.
4. Add vanilla essence and cream and stir well.
Serve with cream, custard or ice cream.