This week the sun has shone, new bunting hung and the garden has opened for our customers.
|Summer at The Nook On The Square|
This week I've made these lovely Sweet Potato & Salmon Fishcakes served with a fresh summer salad, topped with apple, avocado and mango, for the specials board and they have proved to be a huge hit.
About half hour to prepare and 15 minutes to cook they are ideal as a weekday meal for the family.
If you fancy giving them a go the recipe can be found below the photo.
Linking up this week with Foodie Friday and Everything Else blog hop.
|Sweet Potato and Salmon Fishcakes with Chilli and Lime|
1lb Sweet Potatoes (cooked and mashed)
1lb White Potatoes (cooked and mashed)
14oz Cooked Salmon Fillet
Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
1 Red Chilli (finely chopped)
Handful Chopped Coriander
Salt & Pepper to taste
Small Bowl Plain Flour
2 Eggs (beaten)
Small Bowl Natural Breadcrumbs
1. Combine the 2 sets of potatoes. Flake the salmon and stir into the potato mix.
2. Add all other ingredients and mix.
3. Mould into small fishcake shapes.
4. Dredge each cake with flour, dip and cover with beaten egg then cover with breadcrumbs.
5. To cook, heat a small amount of oil or butter in a frying pan and add fishcakes. Cook for few minutes and turn in the pan. After another couple of minutes transfer to a baking tray and place in oven heated to 180C for 10/15 minutes.
6. Serve with your choice of salad and dressing.